I know, I know, November is the Thanksgiving month. But that doesn’t mean you can’t take a break from the (sometimes) overwhelming festivities to find creative holidays to celebrate together, and learn something in the process. This month’s list of unique holidays for kids includes celebrating everything from buttons to fudge! Here’s what’s in store for November.
National Daily Observances
1. National Family Literacy Day
2. National Cook for Your Pets Day
3. National Brush Day
- Check your toothbrush? Is it time to update?
4. National Sandwich Day
- Try to come up with your own creations!
5. National Candy Day
6. End of Daylight Savings Time
7. National Doughnut Day
8. National Love Your Red Hair Day
- Gingers Rejoice!
9. Saxophone Day
10. National Nachos Day
11. National Stress Awareness Day
- Practice some mindfulness skills together
12. S.T.E.M/S.T.E.A.M Day
13. National Parents As Teachers Day
14. Go To An Art Museum Day
15. National Vanilla Cupcake Day
16. National Sundae Day
17. Veterans Day
18. National Pizza with the Works Except Anchovies Day
- The kids will appreciate the “except anchovies” part!
19. World Kindness Day
20. National Indian Pudding Day
21. National Support For Educational Workers Day
22. National Pickle Day
23. National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day
24. Great American Smokeout
- Every year on the Thursday before Thanksgiving, smokers pledge not to smoke for the day. Offer encouragement to a soon-to-be-nonsmoking friend!
25. National Button Day
- Do you know a button collector? Recognize them today or start a button collection of your own!
26. National Homemade Bread Day
27. National Adoption Day
28. National Princess Day
29. Mickey Mouse Birthday
30. National Play Monopoly Day
31. National Peanut Butter Fudge Day
32. Future Teachers of America Day
33. National Absurdity Day
- Do the most absurd thing you can think of (within reason that is)!
34. National Gingerbread Cookie Day
35. Thanksgiving Day
36. National You’re Welcomegiving Day
- What comes after thanks? Be sure to say you’re welcome!
37. National Native American Heritage Day
38. National Buy Nothing Day
- Think you can pass up Black Friday deals? Try making something instead.
39. National Sardines Day
- Try some!
40. National Parfait Day
41. National Cake Day
42. National Day of Giving #GivingTuesday
43. National French Toast Day
44. Electronic Greetings Day
- Have any long distance relatives? Send them a greeting via social media.
45. National Mississippi Day
46. Stay Home Because You’re Well Day
- You Matter! Use this time to do something fun together.
47. National Animal Shelter Appreciation Week (First Week of November)
48. Dear Santa Letter Week (Second Week of November)
49. National Young Readers Week (November 13th-17th)
50. American Education Week (November 13th-17th)
51. National Game and Puzzle Week (Week of Thanksgiving)
52. Adopt A Senior Pet Month
53. Aviation History Month
54. Banana Pudding Lovers Month
55. Family Stories Month
56. Vegan Month
57. World Diabetes Day
58. Universal Children’s Day